Goal 7: Integrate assessment strategies that enhance student learning

The artifact that I chose to reflect goal #7 (Integrate assessment strategies that enhance student learning) is from a guest lecture on July 9th where Michelle Cunningham came to my EDCI 414 course.

Pulled from EDCI 414 Guest Lecture with Michelle Cunningham on July 9th, 2021.

Why does this artifact reflect my learning of the objective/goal:

This artifact pulled from the guest lecture reflects the goal by showing assessment strategies that are student centered and begin with the end in mind.

What stood out to me in my learning process:

Something that stood out to me in this presentation was the emphasis of student choice and voice and making assessment collaborative. During this lecture, the idea of ‘process over product’ was presented, which I really connected with. I think that focusing on the process rather than the product allows for a better learning environment for students where there is less emphasis and pressure on a final product.

How this learning may impact my teaching practice in the future:

I think that focusing on the process of learning better reflects how we should want our students to move forward in their lives. I hope to bring these values into my future practice through maximizing student involvement with choice and voice. I also hope to emphasize how learning is a journey rather than a destination.

Feature Image by Matt Duncan on Unsplash