Knitting at Nan’s

One of the perks of online learning is that you can learn from anywhere. For me this has meant that over the course of the semester I have been able to be closer to many members of my family including my Mom and Nan.

On mornings where I don’t have zoom classes, I have been able to join my Mom and Nan for tea and knitting. We are a part of the same household which has allowed me to spend a lot of quality time together over the last few months. This has been so beneficial for my mental health and has allowed me to have more dedicated time to spend knitting.

In the feature image, you can see the progress of my cardigan project. My Rönn cardigan has grown substantially over the course of the last few weeks. I have completed the bottom ribbing and have moved to work on the main body of the cardigan that can be seen in the image. The cardigan is knit from the bottom up. Next I will be moving on the knit the front two panels and back panel while creating arm holes. I have been enjoying working with the bobble pattern and find that the variety in stitches keeps me engaged.

In documenting my free inquiry for my EdTech class, I feel very grateful that I have been able to both document and prioritize my family, my craft and myself through the simple action of knitting.

Feature Image by Kate Barnes licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

2 Replies to “Knitting at Nan’s”

1. I love that you’ve been able to be close with your family this semester 🙂 Also, that cardigan looks amazing so far, I can see all the hard work you’ve put into it.

2. Can I have your autograph for when you are rich and famous for your beautifully hand knitted wears? I can’t wait to see the finished piece – it is looking incredible. I love the little bobbles that cover the sweater, so charming.