Introduction: Learning to Knit a Cardigan

As a free inquiry, I will be documenting my journey of learning to knit a cardigan. I have been a knitter for many years, but have only started learning to knit garments in the past few years. Each garment and pattern comes with its own set of skills to learn. Here I will be sharing the process of knitting a cardigan from the beginning.

As a student I haven’t always had time in the past to devote to knitting. Occasionally, I would be able to sneak in a row or two on the bus ride home or between classes but it became hard for knitting to become a regular part of my routine. Now with the travel time to school online has drastically been reduced, I find I have a hard time fitting in my favorite hobby. I look forward to exploring techniques that come with each new pattern and garment type and sharing both the accomplishments and challenges that I encounter. For me, knitting has become a real mental health support in that it helps me relax and knit away the worries of the day. I look forward to sharing my journey of knitting a cardigan throughout the semester while making time for  a hobby that provides so much more than just the end product.

Photo by rocknwool on Unspash

3 Replies to “Introduction: Learning to Knit a Cardigan”

1. Kate, I am so excited to follow along on your journey of knitting a cardigan. Growing up, I dabbled with crocheting but never took the risk of knitting! I am going to appreciate having you, and our other pod-mates to keep me accountable in devoting time to my hobby!

2. I have a close friend who loves to crochet, and I’ve seen the frustration that can come along with trying to learn a new pattern, shape, or stitch. I am looking forward to seeing your progress, and I hope there is minimal frustration!